Monday, April 20, 2015

CTMH-- Rainy Day & Rain or Shine Cards

Hello, you know that saying... "April Showers bring May flowers".  When it rains in April that's what I tell myself...let it rain, because sunshine and flowers will come!

Yesterday, I shared a card using CTMH's 'Rainy Day' Stamp set.  I'm back today with another card from the same set.  This time, I stamped the rain boots and colored them lime green with pink and purple polka dots-- how festive!  I choose to stamp a flower coming out of the boot. The flower is also from the Rainy Day stamp set. 

To create the card, a MFT sketch design came in handy.  If you click here, you can print out all of their sketches, pin them, or refer to their blog. 

On one of the little yellow pieces of trim, I stamped the sentiment 'hope you are feeling better'.  The sentiment came from the 'Rain or Shine' stamp set (D1634).  The 'Rain or Shine' stamp debuted in the Seasonal Expressions volume 1 and is still available for purchase.


Here's another look.
Here's the raincoat and umbrella card again.  So cute!

For the second card, I used the 'Rain or Shine' stamp set.  I just love the sentiment from the second card-- "You can't have a rainbow without a little rain".  

I think we all forget that with bad times comes good times!



Here's the whole April ensemble of April showers.   But remember, shortly after the showers comes the beautiful flowers!


















I'll have more cards from 'Brushed' in the upcoming days, along with a card class.

Thanks for stopping by, Maureen:)

Supplies:
Paper:  Brushed (x7190B)
Stamps:  Rainy Day (C1597); Rain or Shine (D1634)
Inks:  Black Statz On (z888);  CTMH Honey Ink (z2162); Slate Ink (z2173)
Markers:  ShinHan markers--  Leaf Green; Pastel Green; Golden Yellow; Tender Pink; Peony Purple; and Turquoise Blue
Other:  Black and Silver Shimmer Trim (z1809) (z1799); Silver Sequins (z201); Striped Embossing Folder (z1960); Baker's Twine (z1921)
Pin It!

2 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

I really want both of those stamp sets but have been telling myself no. I need to declutter. LOL But gosh, after seeing your cards, I don't know if I can hold off. Beautiful, bright and cheery! Have a great day, my friend.

Maureen said...

Thanks Casandra! These were the first stamps that I bought when the catalog was new. So glad I used them! Love the boot:) Maureen

Post a Comment