Wednesday, September 3, 2014

CTMH-- Trick or Treat Sweets Card

Hello,  I'm trying to get ahead of the game, so I created 2 Halloween cards.  My next two crops are 9/20 and 10/25.  I'd like to offer a Halloween card class at the 9/20 crop.  Looks like I better get cracking:)

The design for the first 2 cards was loosely based by CTMH's Snowhaven card kit on page 76.  I just love that diagonal look!

To get the diagonal look, I simply cut the B&T (ivory with small dots) at an angle and the cut an orange strip at an angle and stamped 'Frightfully' on it.  Next, I kept the angles going by using washi tape and other pieces of patterned paper.  Once I got going, it was easy!



Here is the cat one and he is 'Frightfully Cute'!!
To create this card, I used 2 stamp sets.  The cat and Frankenstein are from the 'Trick or Treats Sweets' stamp set.  The sentiment is from the 'Halloween Greetings' stamp set.  (I'll be working with the 'Halloween Greeting' stamp next.)

Below was my sample card, so its a bit crooked, but equally cute:)  I colored in the Frankenstein with CTMH's new Shin-Han markers.




























This weekend I'll be attending a local CTMH seminar for consultants hosted by Lynn Como. We'll be making Halloween cards and LO's. Stay tuned for more 'Frightfully' fun and cute projects.
Thanks, Maureen
Supplies
Paper: Scaredy Cat (X7185B)
Stamps: Tricks or Treat Sweets (B1460) and Halloween Greetings (D1605)
Embellishments:  Sunset Chevron Washi Tape (Z2005); Metallic Twine (Z1921); Slate Diagonal ribbon (Z1989); Purple Shimmer Trim (Z1919).
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment